Date(s) - 08/18/2018
12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Volunteer Sign Up
NEON Night Run/Walk Volunteer Options
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities. By signing up to be a volunteer you agree that NAMI Southwest Missouri reserves the right to place you where you are needed the most. Please select the shift that you are available to work and let us know if you have any special accommodations or needs that we should know.
- Event Set-Up: Responsibilities: Site set-up and/or breakdown, tables and chairs, and setting up course and staging sites. Physical labor required and lifting up to 20 lbs. is expected.
- Parking Attendants: Responsibilities: Assisting Springfield Park Board parking attendants with directing participants in parking area.
- Start and Finish Line Workers: Responsibilities: Start/finish participant management.
- Water Station: Responsibilities: Staffing the course water station, filling cups for runners and picking up trash. Physical labor required and lifting up to 20 lbs. is expected.
- Course and Rally Stations: Responsibilities: Directing and cheering on runners/walkers through the course.
- Glow Gear Distributors: Responsibilities: Distributing glow gear to runners and walkers.
- Event Tear Down: Responsibilities: Assist with event clean up. Physical labor required and lifting up to 20 lbs. is expected.
Shifts: Be sure to choose your shift in the form below.
12:00 pm – 10:00 pm, total event time
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, 1st shift
5:00 pm – 10:00 pm , 2nd shift
I understand that I and any child in my legal custody participating in the Neon Night Run/Walk for NAMI Southwest Missouri is participating at my own and at their own risk. I understand on my own behalf and on behalf of any child in my legal custody, there are risks associated with physical activity involved in the event including but not limited to possible falls, contact with other participants, effects of weather, traffic and road conditions. I agree for myself for and any child in my legal custody, to indemnify, defend and hold NAMI Southwest Missouri, it’s respective officers, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors and all sponsors of the Event (“sponsors”), and the City of Springfield (the “city”) harmless from and against any and against all claims, liability, judgments, fines, and expenses including all attorney’s fees and amounts paid in settlement actually and reasonably incurred in connection with any proceeding, to which NAMI Southwest Missouri sponsors and/or the city is, or at any time becomes a party to or is threatened to be made a party due to my participation and the participation of any child in my legal custody in the Event.
I hereby grant to NAMI Southwest Missouri, with respect to photographs, motion pictures, video recordings and or any other record of Event, in which I or any child in my legal custody may be included to copyright the same and in its own name or otherwise; to use, reuse, publish and republish in the same in whole or in part, in conjunction with any printed or computer generated material in any and all media now or hereafter known, and for any purpose whatsoever, for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, or any other purpose; and to use my name and the names of any child in my legal custody and any statement made by me and any child in my legal custody in connection therewith, if NAMI Southwest Missouri so chooses. I, hereby, for my heirs and myself, and for any child in my legal custody and their heirs, waive any and all rights for claims on this event in case of injury or death. I and on behalf of any child in my legal custody also release and hold harmless any sponsors or organizers for this. I, by signing below, specify that I, and any child in my legal custody, am in acceptable shape and medical condition to participate in this event. I and any child in my legal custody, will do our best to follow the course and not be offensive to others while participating in this event. I am of sound mind and body to execute this waiver to participate in this event.
Rutledge Wilson Farm Community Park